Click on the title of the publication to download or view the document.
PSP Annual Reports
In this report, GIPSA provides an overview of the Packers and Stockyards Program (PSP), its unit level activities, and management. It analyzes the economic state of the livestock and poultry industries. It describes changing business practices. It also identifies market operations or activities that appear to raise concerns under the Packers and Stockyards Act, 1921.
- 2013 Annual Report (PDF; 401KB)
- 2012 Annual Report (PDF; 700KB)
- 2011 Annual Report (PDF; 521KB)
- 2010 Annual Report (PDF; 741KB)
- 2009 Annual Report (PDF; 798KB)
- 2008 Annual Report (PDF; 917KB)
PSP Assessment Reports
In this report, GIPSA assesses the economic state of the cattle and hog industries. In fiscal year 2002, GIPSA also started assessing the economic state of the poultry industries. The report describes changing business practices. It also identifies market operations or activities that appear to raise concerns under the Act. *Beginning in fiscal year 2008, GIPSA merged this assessment into its PSP Annual Reports.
Packers and Stockyards Program publishes Statistical Reports that contain data on livestock marketing, meat packing, industry concentration, plant size, volume of packer feeding, packer financial performance, number of animals purchased by source of supply (public market versus direct purchase), and method of procurement.
Download or view electronic copies of Statistical Reports by clicking on the reporting year below:
- 2006 (PDF; 399KB)
- 2005 (PDF; 707KB)
- 2004 (PDF; 672KB)
- 2003 (PDF; 481KB)
- 1997 (PDF; 187KB)
- 1996 (PDF; 281KB)
* Beginning in reporting year 2007, key data previously published in the Annual Statistical Report will be published in the Packers and Stockyards Program Annual Report.